Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding

I love to cook and bake, and I'm really thankful that I live in an apartment with a nice kitchen where I can experiment with new recipes.  Pinterest has revolutionized the way I find these recipes, and as a busy college student, it's so nice to find quick and easy recipes that I can whip up in a short amount of time.  Yesterday, I found a recipe for a variation on Paula Deen's banana pudding.  The pin sent me to a blog named Pearls, Handcuffs, & Happy Hour.  I just had to go to Kroger to pick up the ingredients as soon as I got out of class today.  It was relatively inexpensive to make, because I bought mostly Kroger brand items, but of course, you can choose whichever brand you like best.  I also buy any low fat or fat free versions available.  My roommates and I have already indulged in the banana pudding, and we all love it.  I usually think of banana pudding as a summery dessert that you usually see at barbecues and pool parties, so I'm definitely going to keep this recipe in mind for the summer.

Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding

4 bananas, sliced

3 cups milk

1 box Nilla wafers

2 (3.5 oz.) boxes instant French vanilla pudding

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 

1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip


Line the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan with Nilla wafers.


Slice the bananas and layer evenly on top of the Nilla wafers.


Combine the milk and pudding mix.


In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.  Gradually fold in Cool Whip.


Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mix mixture and stir well until blended.


Pour the mix evenly over the bananas.


Layer Nilla wafers on the top.

Mine doesn't look perfect, because I had some broken wafers left over and decided to still add them.  Hey, you can't complain about some extra Nilla wafers!  Plus, I never try to waste anything. :)

Such an easy comfort food dessert to make!  If you try it out, let me know what you think!  Happy puddin' makin'! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment