Company Casserole

It's finals week at UT, which means I've spent a ton of time at my apartment either studying or relaxing whenever I have a break for a few days.  It also means I have less than a week until I go home for the summer.  I wanted to make a simple meal that would last me pretty much the rest of the time I'm here so I wouldn't have to spend any more money or take time every night to cook.  I also wanted something that felt like comfort food, so I went with one of my dad's recipes, company casserole.  I'm not sure where he got the recipe, but it is full of yummy ingredients and easy to make.  My iPhone camera doesn't allow the casserole to look as appealing as it does in person, but you'll get the gist. :)  Here's the recipe:

Company Casserole

Ingredients:
1 (6 oz.) package of Uncle Ben's Wild Rice, cooked
1 (10 oz.) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
1½ cups cuped cooked chicken
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 can of cream of mushroom and chicken soup
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese


Directions:
In a greased 9x13 casserole dish, layer the first six ingredients in the order listed.

Rice

Broccoli

Chicken

Ham

Cheddar cheese

Mushrooms

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder and soup in a separate bowl.


Spread over casserole and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until top is light golden brown.

I forgot to take a picture before I cut into it. :)

Hope y'all enjoy this easy and delicious recipe!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment