The Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative

The other day during my lunch break, I was going on a Pinterest spree and found this recipe.  After clicking the link and reading everything people had to say, I knew I had to make it as soon as I got home.  Apparently, there is an Amish cinnamon bread that requires kneading and a lot of work.  This is a copycat recipe that is very simple and just requires mixing the ingredients.  The blogger I got this from got this recipe from her friend, and her friend said her husband has been eating this bread for breakfast every day for 20 years.  She recommended eating it warm with butter spread on top.  My family and I have been enjoying it for breakfast, and it is perfect!  It's moist and has a good flavor, but it's not too sugary or cinnamony.  It makes two loaves, so you could always keep one loaf for yourself and give the other away, which I'll probably do the next time I make it.  The recipe is below, and here is the link to the blog I got it from.

The Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread Alternative

Batter Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda

Cinnamon Sugar Mixture Ingredients:
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
Mix together butter, 2 cups of sugar and eggs.  Add milk, flour and baking soda.  Pour half of batter into two greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).  Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in each pan.  Add remaining batter to pan and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon topping.  Swirl with a knife.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester come clean.  Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.






0 comments:

Post a Comment